To practice PMR, follow these steps:
- Find a quiet place and get into a comfortable position sitting or lying down.
- Start by inhaling deeply through your nose and slowly exhaling through your mouth for 3 - 5 cycles.
- Tighten your muscles by squeezing your body, clenching your toes and pushing your heels to the ground.
- Release, then flex your feet towards your head for a few seconds until releasing again.
- Move onto new muscle groups, your abdomen, legs, hands, arms, shoulders, neck and face.
- Tighten then release.